
So today was Halle's first day of school. This morning when I dropped her off, I wasn't too sure of the whole thing. All the kids seemed too sick, the place seemed too dirty, the fact that one kid had a wet diaper that didn't get noticed right away seemed inexcusable. I actually went straight to another daycare after leaving her this morning to make sure what I saw at Pinecrest was normal (and of course it was). Just Mommy's first day jitters I guess. When I was on the way back to pick her up I was thinking I could go back to working from home any time if this doesn't work out. I'll just give it a couple days and see how I feel. Then I get there, and Halle is as happy as can be. She had just woken from a nap and was sitting at the table with the other kids patiently waiting for her snack. She saw me and was all smiles, but didn't come running to me. She stayed in her seat and waved to me. The teacher said she never cried this morning when I left and that she adjusted perfectly. She painted her very first painting today during their arts and crafts time; she became buddies with the oldest girl in the class (who's only one month older than her, and also a redhead) during outdoor playtime; she ate her tuna sandwich at lunch and drank water (and apparently didn't insist on juice); she went right down for her nap at 11:20 without any fuss and slept until 1:20. I picked her up at 1:30, let her finish her snack and say bye-bye to her friends. She wanted to wave bye to everything.. the kids, the teachers, the clock (she just discovered clocks and has to point them out everytime she sees one). I took a picture of her at the table with the other kids and showed it to her tonight. I picked up a couple of the kids names and I asked Halle to identify them. She got them all right. She definitely seemed to enjoy her day, so I guess I can send her back tomorrow. :) My mom says its normal for kids to be happy the first few days and then start crying when you leave towards the end of the first week, because by then they've put it together that you're leaving them for several hours. So, we'll see how it goes. I'm just glad day one went well for her. And she was in bed before 8:00 for the first time in maybe forever, so Mommy had a good first day too! :)
3 comments:
I am so glad she had a lot of fun. I hope it keeps up and works for your family.
YAY! The lunch box is way cool, by the way. :)
Glad she had a great first day! That's how Ty was his first couple days. Then about day 3 he realized what was happening and would cry a little when we left. Dave has actually worked his schedule so he can stay home with him for now. I hope she keeps up the good work!!
Post a Comment