Sunday, October 14, 2007

20 Months!!

Halle is 20 months old today. It feels like she just turned 18 months old yesterday. Where did the past month go? It's been awhile since I've posted a Halle update, so here's what she's up to these days.

She still has many of the same favorites that she's had for months... still loves to draw and color, still LOVES to push her toy stroller everywhere, still loves watching Dora, Dora, Dora.. and Backyardigans Racing Day. She'll watch Nemo if its on, but is pretty scared of Monsters, Inc. She loves babies (toys and the real ones). She has lots of newborn friends she gets to see quite often, and she's always all smiles for the tiny babies. She still loves her red mustang, and dives in head first Dukes of Hazzard style to get into it by herself. She loves going down slides on her belly, which is pretty much the only way she'll go down a slide now. She loves stickers, bubbles, books. She's recently gotten into her Winnie the Pooh books. She likes her potty book quite a bit, and likes sitting on the potty for brief periods of time, but hasn't done anything in it yet. She loves the bathroom. She loves climbing up on her step ladder and brushing her teeth and her hair and washing her hands. She loves juice. Juice may be the only thing she loves more than Dora. She doesn't eat much these days, but every once in awhile she'll surprise me. She likes chicken or scrambled eggs with ketchup. Almost never refuses that. I think she'd eat anything with ketchup on it. Maybe I should test this theory with veggies.

Halle still doesn't know her colors, but she knows at least 8 shapes (circle, triangle, square, diamond, oval, heart, star, rectangle). She's still not talking all that much, but its obvious she understands quite a bit. Today I couldn't find my keys and Jason said he thought Halle might have been playing with them. I asked her if she knew where my keys were and she nodded and said her version of yes and then took me right to them. And the other day I opened the fridge and she came up underneath me and opened the fridge drawer, took out a juice box, got the straw out of the packaging, put it in the juice box, drank the juice, and then threw the box in the trash. She's definitely getting smarter and more independent all the time.

Wish I had a cute pic from today to post but my camera is broken at the moment. Hopefully I'll be replacing it this week and I'll add a new pic soon. :)

Oh, the pic on the right there is only a week or so old. That's Halle in her Halloween costume. :)

No comments: